Born in the barrio of Carlsbad, California in 1940, Victor Villaseñor was raised on a ranch four miles north in Oceanside After years of facing language and cultural barriers, heavy discrimination and a reading problem, later diagnosed as dyslexia, Victor dropped out of high school his junior year and moved to Mexico. There he discovered a wealth of Mexican art, literature, music, that helped him recapture and understand the dignity and richness of his heritage.

Friday, December 2, 2011

13. Roommate Letter

Dear Future Roommate,

             
Hello, my name is Carlos Curiel and I look forward to attending Oregon university. I'm from the San Diego, California and have lived in California my whole life. I decided to go to Oregon because I felt like I needed to experience something new. I'm the youngest in my family with three brothers and two sisters and the only one that is going to a university. I feel great, yet nervous since it's up to me to show my mom that I won't end up as failure. I love sports, particularly soccer and football. My favorite soccer team is Manchester United and my favorite football team you might have guessed are the Chargers. I grew up with my Mexican heritage influencing my favorite foods and way of dance. I love to party, but I don't drink or do any drugs. I have been to Oregon with family during winter breaks back in high school and I enjoyed the natural surroundings. Everything so green, so fresh and plus there is no sales tax. The only thing I didn't like as much was that there was always a possibility of rain. I like the cold, but I need the sun as well. Besides the weather there is nothing that might get on my case. Music is also a big part of my life which has helped me as a musician and as an athlete. I play the Piano and the Saxophone. I prefer the piano, but the saxophone is more uncommon so it excites more people. My favorite type of music is R&B and I also listen to some rock. I'm also into video games which since I was little has been a big part of my life. I'm a huge SONY fan and I dislike the idea of Microsoft making video game consoles. The XBOX 360 will never beat the PS3, but that's my opinion and I will always stand by it. Well I have nothing else to say, but GO DUCKS! See you later.  



                                                                                          Sincerely, Carlos Curiel






                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment